Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy 1 Week Birthday, Sebastian!

Today marks Bash's first week of rockin' and rollin'! It's gone by pretty smoothly, for the most part. He's a little champion at life, eating and sleeping and hiccuping and being stinkin' cute. Rory, on the other hand, has not adjusted quite as easily. Whereas she was fine while we were in the hospital, as soon as we got home she started giving me the cold shoulder (devastating for her mama!). She seems to be warming back up to me, however. Her interactions with her little brother alternate between affectionate patting and stoic, indifferent stares.


Random observations from week one:
- Everyone on earth feels compelled to give their opinion on how we're (God's) spacing our kids: "Oh, I had mine 17 months apart too! You're going to love it!" Or more often: "Wow, you're going to have your hands full." We also get a lot of, "Oh, you've got your girl and your boy! That's perfect! You're done, right?"
- It's amazing the difference one little body makes in fitting in cars; we're finding that we can't go anywhere with anyone else anymore...I guess we're going to have to do the minivan thing pretty soon after all.
- My husband is the most amazing man in the world. He's got to be the most hands on dad ever, and he is so kind and gracious about it, even in the middle of the night. There is not a begrudging bone in his body during a 3am diaper change, and he even asks me sleepily what else he can do when he's done. I adore him!

3 comments:

  1. they are 17 months apart!? I didn't realize that! haha I am going to add to what others say... but So are Sophia and Charles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother and I are only 2 years apart, and now that we are married and he and his wife are expecting their first baby, it barely feels like we're much different in age. I bet Rory and Sebastian will feel the same way. And that can be kinda cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do people feel the need to know whether people are done having kids? Good grief, none of their business in 99% of the instances. I commiserate with you. :) I wish I were bold enough to use it as a witnessing opportunity, though: "Actually, we believe that every child has immense value because every human is made to reflect God's image, and however many we have..." Anyway, that would get them quiet. Little soap box. :) Bash surely is a handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete