Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Trenches

Today I'm deep in the trenches of motherhood. My morning has basically consisted of wiping a goopy baby nose, sitting down to rest, getting up to shadow the baby as she climbs around the room so she doesn't fall and get brains all over the tile floor, wiping a goopy baby nose, sitting down to rest...there's little glory in it. I'm reminding myself that this is what God has called me to, and I'm determined to be faithful in these little moments. It may not be glamorous, but as I'm dealing with the at times tedious care of Rorykins, I know God is doing a greater work in me. I'm trying to keep my sense of humor, and most of all, keep in mind the urgency of the task before me: mothering during these early years is such a big responsibility, and I pray I can capture her heart now, before she realizes that I'm not cool and I don't know everything!

PS- I got the idea to make freezer breakfast burritos from a new blogger who happens to be my sister:
http://humblehealthyhome.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. !! I'm so with you today. Me and Hannah are sick too :( How come when babies are sick they don't slow down! I find the world destorys all honor there is in being a mom, but really what more important role could there be than the shaping of these little people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring to me through your faith, devotion to God, your family and your divine calling of motherhood. Thanks for sharing! We are praying your labor goes well. God's children in your home and coming to your home are so blessed to have you as Mother and Blake as Father. XOXO

    ReplyDelete