Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And Counting...

Less than a week before our son arrives! Today we went to our last appt. with our awesome doctor before the big day (which is Monday, in case it's not as engrained in your mind as it is mine). Everything is looking good! I have to say, it is so nice to have a date and be able to plan and get ready, unlike with Rorykins. There is something to be said for c-sections! Unfortunately, both babycakes and I have colds this week. I suppose better now than next week, but it's affecting my to-do list. But it is what it is, so oh well. It seems I won't have everything done that I hoped to by his arrival, but I know realistically that it will be inconsequential in the long run. My mom thankfully decided to come a day early, so we're looking forward to her getting here tomorrow. I'm saving the funnest projects to do with her, like organizing/inventorying the freezers and cleaning the appliances! Oh, and making five pounds of sweet and sour meatballs (never mind the fact that I've never made them before- I'm sure they'll be a good addition to the freezer!). Aren't you glad, Mom? Aurora will be so happy to have her grandma here to shower her with affection.

Yesterday I made a bunch more calzones for the freezer, which was exhausting but will be nice to have. Over the weekend I made a couple dozen freezer breakfast burritos for Blake to take to work the mornings he has to be there super early. And this week, I'm getting 40lbs of all natural boneless skinless chicken breasts to divide up and freeze too! I love having a full freezer!

Other than cooking, I've been laying low, hoping to get rid of this cold. Thus, my house is still regretfully messy. Perhaps this weekend I'll be able to deal with that. There may not be another post until the baby is here (although there may be); I'm not feeling nearly as contemplative or reflective than when I was about to have Rory!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! I have a coworker who's basically due about the same time, next week sometime. Also a scheduled C-section. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wonder woman with all that cooking! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete