Saturday, October 8, 2011

Silly Baby and Crafty Mama

Over the last couple days, I organized both the pantry and the long cubardy thing next to the pantry that I don't have a name for. It's where I keep my small appliances and serving dishes and table linens. And where I used to keep a bunch of other random things that are now displaced and need a new home. They are currently on the kitchen counter, which is not ideal. But at least the long cubardy thing is clean! My sweet and silly baby girl wanted to help me clean, which I thought was adorable. She took her little rag and carefully wiped off the shelves and door- what a cutie pie!

In other, even PROUDER news, I crafted!!! I am exceedingly un-crafty, but limited income and the need for frugality has made me a determined if reluctant crafter. A friend drew my attention to this wreath on pinterest, and I was instantly intrigued (mostly due to its free-ness). It seemed simple. And I liked it. And our walls are pretty bare. So, with most of the Bible study wives on the women's (is my apostrophe placement right?) retreat, said friend and I amassed our toilet paper rolls and jumped right in. We each attempted a different design, and they both turned out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. We intend to spray paint them one day, but I'm content with the natural look for now, and don't think it looks too toilet papery!

In its new home above the beverage cart
Sweet cleaning baby girl
The little ham thinks that we think it's hilarious when she stops what she's doing and lays her head down. We feel obligated to laugh now.
Bedhead.
Her papa always has crazy morning hair too; she's definitely his girl!
Finally waking up after breakfast
The hair would not be tamed

I think this is hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. I love that wreath, what a cute idea! I had to go back and read more carefully to realize you had used toilet paper rolls. It definitely doesn't look like it. :-) You could change the ribbon for something Christmasy when that time gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt,que lindo tiene el pelo Rory,que fecha tenes para el "cowboy",escribime antes que nazca porque tdespues no vas a tener tiempo LOS AMOOOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete