Monday, October 10, 2011

In 1492...

Today has been...
- Bacony. 15 pounds of awesomeness divided up and in the freezer.

- Roasty. I roasted and diced and froze the last of our crop of Anaheim chilies today. I love green chilies, especially when combined with sharp cheddar and bacon.

- 2 weeky. Our baby boy is coming two weeks from today, barring an (unlikely) early labor. This week is project week, and next week is cleaning week. We're pretty excited!

- Columbusy. I realized (when the mail never came) that it's Columbus Day. My sister in law (visiting for the weekend) and I discussed that such an occasion deserves a special meal. Thankfully, last night we ate a mini Thanksgiving dinner, which we determined in actuality must have been a Columbus Day dinner: turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and even apple pie. Good thing, since tonight it's beef stroganoff, which definitely doesn't make me feel Columbusy.

- Sewy. I fail at sewing. FAIL! So when Blake mentioned a popped button, I curled up and died, just a little bit. And then he mentioned the 10 billion (aka 6) PATCHES that needed to be sewn onto his cub scouts leader uniform. And the pants that need to be hemmed. And my mother in law is on a cruise. How could she do this to me, in my hour of greatest need???? I mean, really- Blake is her son; aren't MOTHERS supposed to sew scout patches on uniforms??? This was not in the wifey handbook. But she's somewhere off the coast of Mexico, so I grimly prepared myself with needle and thread and scout leader uniform inspection guide and began. I only sewed the sleeve shut twice. I hope Blake doesn't plan on using the pocket, which I'm pretty sure has been rendered useless by oddly crisscrossed threads. And the pack insignia is woefully crooked. I think the blood spots are appropriate for a scout uniform- they make it look tough. I don't understand why, in this modern age, they could not provide us with iron on patches. It's really a bummer, because I'm actually pretty nifty with an iron. Go figure. At least when Blake asks me, hesitantly but hopefully, if he gets to wear his uniform tomorrow night, I can say, "Yes. As long as you don't move too much."

2 comments:

  1. How can they not be iron on!! So cruel. I'm with you on the sewing thing I fail too :( YAY bash! We can't wait to meet you :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I would try to hot glue them on...a girl scout leader told me that was the way to go and that you can't really tell!)

    I wish you many happy early moments with your baby boy as he'll be here soon! It is a process of adjusting with two, but I'm sure you'll have it down pat in no time flat. :)

    ReplyDelete