Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Funness

The last few days were filled with funness: getting Chinese takeout and watching Leap Year (my new favorite girly movie), working in the garden, preparing Father's Day presents, and, most notably, fulfilling a life goal of seeing Les Miserables live!!!

All ready to be amazed!!
Blake and I joined some good friends for the performance in Phoenix. We bought the tickets ages and ages ago, and it did not disappoint! While it's not the most kid-friendly show out there, the music is so powerful, just completely gripping. It's a very redemptive story, and though it's filled with despair, there's also a very real hope, probably why it's been compelling audiences for so long. After the show, we were able to visit some good friends who moved to the Valley a few months ago and get dinner at Buca di Beppo with them after seeing their lovely new home. If you've never been to a Buca di Beppo, I highly recommend it if you're dining with more than just a couple people; it's a lot of fun.
Rory watching kid songs on youtube with Papa

1 comment:

  1. I thought the show was amazing as well, once I got over my fear of being so high up in the balcony. I definitely had a bird's eye view. But it was absolutely wonderful. The book is better in that the Thenardiers die in the end, not get rich off all the corpses they picked, but still the story is fabulous and all about Jesus and grace righteousness vs. works righteousness! This production was leagues better than the one I saw in London when I was 17 (though that one was cool too). :-)

    ReplyDelete