Wednesday, June 22, 2011

An Albuquerque Adventure

I love writing out "Albuquerque."
We spent a long weekend in Albuquerque for the wedding of one of Blake's cousins. Basically, the weekend consisted of eating red meat with family, a wedding, then eating more red meat with family. And completing Blake's first round of homework (including his first paper as a student again!). And some more red meat. It was hot. And smoky. But we had a nice time in ALBUQUERQUE. When we got home from Albuquerque, all I wanted to do was eat chicken.
Rory has pink jellies!
Strawbaby
So pretty in her swimsuit!
Definitely not a fan of the water!
Trying to get a nice picture, but grumpy baby just scowled and blocked my chin.
Now who's grumpy?
All ready for the rehearsal dinner!
Dressed to impress for the wedding!
Blake and Aurora with Blake's uncle and cousin Olivia
The crowd I hang with
Rory and Liv love to play!
Chewing on some bubbles (not gum) with Grandpa

 For Father's Day, Rory and I got Blake a couple survival-related gifts (a hand crank solar radio thing and some cool duct tape-esque emergency tape stuff that I was able to surprise him with, because he didn't know that he wanted it). Also, I found some bacon brittle on etsy- peanut brittle with bacon and cayenne pepper! Peanut brittle is one of the only candies that Blake is fond of, and he is a staunch believer that everything is improved with bacon. I like buying from etsy and supporting creative, crafty people, and Blake was thrilled with his bacony present.

No comments:

Post a Comment