Friday, June 24, 2011

I did it!

Survive four days at home without my husband, that is. Blake had training for his airline job in Phoenix this week, so for the first time in our marriage I was left at home husbandless. And I made it! I truly don't know how single moms can do it. Some random notes from the last few days:

- I was forced to be much more intentional about how I spent my time during Blake's absence. I woke up early, got myself ready for the day, watered the garden, had a quiet time (most days), and made breakfast before Aurora woke up. I plowed through my to-do list. I played with my baby. I had friends over for lunch. I went shopping. I cleaned. I accomplished just about all that I intended to, which made me feel good. Come evening, I'd drag myself to my inlaw's house and enjoy some zone-out time watching baseball while they entertained Rory (who is SO close to crawling it's ridiculous!).

- I am convinced that all of the spiders living in my house know when Blake is gone and decide to emerge from their evil lairs to torment me. Also, light bulbs burn out and doors get jammed when hubbycakes isn't home to fix them.

- Rory (who is very stingy with her kisses- may it always be so), would kiss the phone every time Blake talked to her; she loves her papa.

- We wore pretty dresses to the airport to pick him up last night, and brought him rice krispie treats and an Irish cream Italian soda (gifts are my love language). I'm so proud of the work he's doing- He'll do so great at this new job (I fell in love with him when he worked at an airport, so I know how much he'll thrive in that environment). Somehow I think the next few years of this new job, plus owning-operating a business, not to mention school, being a Cub Scouts den leader, having a new baby, being a husband and papa, and hopefully doing a bit of traveling will go by very quickly. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound so easy! Here I am at day one of Jordan being away and I dragged myself through the day wondering how I will ever go on! And Hannah was a psycho. No one's happy while he's away :( AND the scary spiders came out today too! They cornered me in the laundry room ><!

    !!! yay for rory! your going to have your hands full soon! Hannahs learned how to scoot I'm hoping thats enough for her. !

    ReplyDelete