Friday, June 10, 2011

I spent my afternoon in a very cliche femaley manner, and it's amazing how good it makes me feel. I got a pedicure with my mother in law and a friend (the one luxury I wish I could indulge in more often), after drinking a latte, and then ended up at Kohls where I purchased very much on sale shoes and sunglasses. What could have been girlier?

Before heading out, I needed to go to Walgreens to get some new polish (my little trick is to bring my own so I can do touch-ups at home). Blake opted (shockingly) to stay in the car with the wee one. I had foreboding feelings about this, and, sure enough, had to call him and beg him to come in ten minutes later when I was trying to decide between six colors. I am terribly indecisive and couldn't even narrow it down to lavender or coral. Blake took one begrudging look, selected an astonishingly bright pinky-tangerine, and assured me it was the right color. The cashier nodded approvingly at his choice and commented that it was very trendy. Blake was a little smug, I think, and I was a tad skeptical. But sure enough, when I handed it over to the pedicurist, she was pleased- "that's very in right now." What can I say? My husband is one trendy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment