Saturday, May 15, 2010

Naan, not Ninja

Our daughter has not yet chosen to arrive, but it's been an eventful few days anyway...
- The education conference went pretty well...not perfect, but it was our first time, and we learned a lot for next year. We're pretty happy with how it turned out, and are so glad it's done!
- While men's dinner at FCF featured "wild game night" (think elk, not yahtzee), the Bible study girls headed up to the Babbitt Ranch for an evening of horses, great food, and fun conversation with Jamie...I had never been to the ranch, and it was beautiful!
- I finally found a baby book I like, one that is whimsical and pretty but not fussy frilly babyish.
- Blake, Vlad, and I did some exploring ar Schultz Tank, taking advantage of the mild weather. We enjoyed ourselves immensely, especially Vladimir, who dined on fresh horse poo (much to our horror).
 - Blake and I went on a preNinja date to the Himalayan Grill, which is one of our favorite restaurants in Flag. I always get lamb korma, and it's always so good. Blake and I can consume a shocking of garlic naan between the two of us (we're breadies).

Quote from the day: Upon seeing a sporty yellow car pull out of JC Penney, Blake points enthusiastically and Brittany expresses doubt as to how he can be sure as to its identity
Blake (scoffingly): "Any guy who doesn't recognize that as a Lamborghini LP 640 should lose his man license."



 
  
                                            
Horse poo face

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Himalayan Grill too! And I think Christian never passed his man-license test, if knowing cars was on it. :) Haha! And of course I say that with the utmost respect, as I'm sure they must have different versions of the test...like "Makita vs. DeWalt" or "Properties of Oak and Alder". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wild game night thing must be going around haha. I've known of at least 2 churches around here who have done it recently as a new thing. The revoking of man card thing reminds me of the movie "The Game Plan"... love that movie :)
    Come on, Ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, you must be right... cars are not the only thing that determine one's man license, and Christian has many other manly pursuits :)

    Kelly, I've never seen that movie...maybe we'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete