Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The First Week "Off"

My first week of hardly employment (I still do some Spanish interpreting several times a month) has been flying by! In fact it's been pretty stressful, between getting things together for Ninja's immanent (let's hope) arrival, two prospective home buyers and the inspections/appraisals, and the Flagstaff Education Conference tonight. Blake and I really have no idea what we're doing when it comes to selling our home, so we're praying that God will be gracious to us and that it will be resolved to the satisfaction of all involved.
    As far as the education conference goes, our states' rights group is hosting it, and we've put in a lot of work to make it a success. At this point, my biggest worry is that we'll have all the schools there, anxious to promote themselves, and no one will show up from the community. That would really be a bummer, and I feel strongly that Flagtaffians can benefit from this event. One of our problems is that the Daily Sun (Flag's paper), dislikes our group due to our standing against the school district budget override, so they've refused to promote the education conference at all. Seems a little hypocritical since they're supposedly such big fans of education...

    In summary, it's been an eventful week, but after today, Ninja is more than welcome to make an appearance. In fact, first thing each morning, I've taken to informing her that it's a great day to be born. She's been skeptical so far. Blake, too, has resorted to unorthodox means of getting her out, even going so far as to bribe her: "If you come tonight, I'll get you a pony!" And the like. One of my main motivators, I must confess, is simply that I don't want to be pregnant anymore, but  Blake is just so excited to meet our little girl- it's really quite endearing (have I mentioned how much I love my husband?).

    There are moments when I am grieved because I know that life will never be the same when Ninja comes, and I am reluctant to let go of the beautiful days that Blake and I have had just the two of us. Clearly, though, there is a purpose in this that is bigger than me, and I know that (as someone mentioned at my baby shower) God has known Ninja since before there was a world, and this is her ordained time, and I her ordained mother. Thinking about all the fun I had with my mom growing up makes me excited to share that with my daughter, and I cannot imagine a better, more loving support network than our family (both in Flag and away), friends, and church.

Maybe my next entry will be a "Welcome Ninja!" post...please keep us in your prayers (and let me know what tips you have to get things moving, if you get what I mean!).

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know we could comment! this is great! My only concern is how can I see the superb photos of your darling family, expecially the ones of Ninja? that's why I signed onto facebook, Dearest. Is there an album spot on this bloggy thing?

    ReplyDelete