Sunday, May 9, 2010

Inaugural Post

Why a blog?
-Because I'm phasing out facebook but assume some people will still want to hear all about my glamorous life...
-And because we're having a baby and know my parents (in Seattle) will be starved for tales of her antics and, of course, pictures.
-And because I find the most clarity in life through writing.

I can't tell you what exactly to expect from this; certainly stories of familial adventure and my ponderings of the journeys of wifedom and motherhood, perhaps the occasional recipe, and lessons learned from the constant refining process that defines the Christian's life. 

The Cast:
Me- I love Spanish and the world and my pistachio-colored KitchenAid stand mixer, I miss the rain of the Pacific Northwest and get depressed with weeks of cloudless weather. I adore my husband.


Blake- My husband is the most amazing man in the world (cliche, but you'll see that it's true). I doubt I'll ever have him figured out, as he is constantly surprising me with new interests/talents/depths, and I'm excited for a lifetime of adventures together.


Vladimir- Three year old rescue Boston terrier. Ridiculous animal, likely a mistake in breeding, but I adore him. A lover, a fighter, a licker. Would not survive two hours in the wilderness alone.


Ninja- Daughter...coming any day! I have a phobia of babies, but have been assured that she will like me.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, this is exciting! I love blogging, and I am super pumped you're joining the blogging world, especially at this particular time of your lives :) I'm sure i will learn a lot from you all :) Good luck!

    P.S. I have baby phobia, too. It happens :)

    --Kel

    ReplyDelete