Monday, March 4, 2013

A Sicky Boy and a Birthday

The last week was pretty much consumed by a serious illness our sweet Sebashy came down with; two trips to the ER and lots of consultations with his doctor resulted in him being diagnosed with RSV and pneumonia. He was so sick; if the pediatrics unit hadn't been completely full he would have been admitted; we were spared being sent to a hospital in Phoenix only because Blake is an EMT and the doctor was comfortable with him monitoring Bash. He was tragically miserable all week, but is doing soooo much better now! He's making up for lost time by being extra mischievous, playful, and cute.

It was by 27th birthday yesterday! I loooove birthdays; I think you're supposed to outgrow that, but I haven't. My book club had a little party for me, which was grand, and we threw me a bingo party last night! Since I love occasions where prizes are won, bingo seemed like a fabulous party plan. It turned out to be a ton of fun! We had stayed home from church in the morning because Bash is still recovering, so Blake and Rory brought home doughnuts for breakfast. It was such a great day!

I came downstairs after being out of the room for only a couple minutes to find the kiddos had opened the stepladder by the sink and were joyfully playing away.
I wasn't too pleased with them, seeing as there were knives and such within reach...
Enjoying sister-free car time!
Poor sad Bashy getting a breathing treatment
Sillies
We went to a princess carnival party thing!
We wisely determined that face painting should be hand painting for Rory.
We had a taco salad buffet for my birthday dinner!
A sweet friend volunteered to make my amazing flourless mint chocolate torte.
The beginning of the bingo festivities
It was pretty intense!
My father in law never won; every time he put a marker on his board a baby ate it.
My winning card! No prizes for me though :)
Cutie Bash helped Papa do some calling.
He just loves balloons!
Mama-son


 

2 comments:

  1. poor bashy! we're sad we missed the festivities we all got the flu :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Bash is on the mend. Thanks for coming to the Party at the Palace! I hope Rory had fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete