Monday, April 30, 2012

Surprises

We're fast approaching four years of marriage!
Here are somethings that have surprised me about grownup life:

1. We use way less canned food than I I would have expected. Like, hardly any! Even tomato sauce! Which makes me wonder what exactly it is that I feed my family.
2. I think it's really cute when it's time to brush my teeth and I see that Blake's and my toothbrushes are leaning against each other in the holder-thing.
3. I don't mind picking up Blake's dirty laundry from the floor, but I dislike putting away his clean laundry.
4. I get mad when Blake says something and I can't hear him. This is, of course, ridiculous of me. I also get mad when he makes a joke and I don't think it's funny. Poor man.
5. Getting mail is maybe even more exciting now than it was in college- who would have thought?
6. I figured I'd be able to convince Blake to like beans and olives. I was wrong.
7. The best date nights are the cheapest ones. This does not necessarily apply to getaways, though.
8. I don't require much alone time. So far...
9. About the only alone time I do require is poo-time, and I get annoyed if Blake talks to me when I'm- you know. Especially if he asks how it's going. Is nothing sacred? I think he's genuinely interested, too...
10. We make up songs all the time. Blake's are better than mine, though I'm quick at providing a missing rhyme just as he's trailing off. We're a good team.

3 comments:

  1. TMI about the poo, thanks for that. I am not the only wife who suffers from a husband who won't like beans? That is a great comfort :) I tell him if he wants our grocery bills to be lower, he can learn to like beans. He still won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-I think you eat a lot of bread :) 4-same here! 9-It's a guy thing, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9-Cooper and I are a little too open about bathroom functions with each other. I blame it on the fact that we both have the sense of humor of a 5-year-old boy and find great humor in discussing it.

    ReplyDelete