Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Caution: Potty Talk

When Rory emphatically wants to do something, she says the word "a" before it. For example, "A pfood," means, "Come on, already, I want to eat!" This is what I hear first thing in the morning when getting her out of bed, "A pfood!" "A poop" means "I need to poo," although that can mean the deed is imminent or hours away. The one we've been hearing the most around here lately is "A pee pee." I believe the girl is starting to potty train herself! At least several times a day she'll declare her need, march to her potty, and produce. We're not pushing her at all, but it's kind of exciting nonetheless; she's definitely making connections!

Other momentous Roryisms of the week so far: saying "up" instead of "down" when she wants up, showing affection to a baby doll ("Baby!" She cried out delightedly and gave it a kiss before tossing it across the room), and drinking out of a big girl cup.

Behind the scenes, I'm working on figuring out toy storage and toy cycling (any suggestions?), and joined Blake's facebook (Blake-Brittany Bowen) since I'll be doing publicity for mops next year; it's kind of a necessity for that.

We met with Blake's adviser again and got him registered for summer and fall. Four more semesters and a summer or two left! I'm so proud of him! He's starting full-time in the fall; we're trusting that it will be financially feasible. He quit Purina almost exactly a year ago, and God has been really faithful to us. It's been hard, but we know we're doing the right thing, and He keeps providing.

Rory's hair is a disaster these days. I'm growing it out (am I allowed to say that I'm growing someone else's hair out?) and we tried to tame it with pigtails. She was not pleased.
Sebastian is looking so grownup!

1 comment:

  1. This is a random place to tell you this, but I was going to tell you to please do whatever you want with the facebook and blog stuff for MOPS! I won't be offended one bit if you change it, delete it, etc. My only thought is that if they are going to exist, they need to be up-to-date(ish) or else it makes us look lame to someone who is checking us out via the Internets. Make it your own and have fun and remember that Publicity Coordinator is really about building community--making people feel like they are a part of something worth being a part of (or getting them to join to begin with!) Okay, there's my two cents...I of course can give you lots more than that if you ever need it :)

    ReplyDelete