Monday, May 14, 2012

Where to Begin...

Rather than providing you with the play by play of our last couple of weeks, here are a few standout thoughts:
- we have been without hot water for over a week now. It was kind of fun for the first twenty minutes or so. Now, not so much. But we're coping quite well (Blake secretly loves playing pioneer), thanks to a solar camp shower and me being choosy about what I cook to cut down on dishes.
- Rory seems to be afraid of the dark. That in itself probably doesn't seem too monumental, but I can't believe she's big enough to be afraid of the dark, if that makes any sense.
- Blake got an A+ in his EMT class! He just has to take the national registry exam, and he'll be a certified EMT! He's switching to full time school starting this summer; it will be intense, but worth it for him to finish up all the sooner.
- There's more but I'm tired.
First time in a pool, while in Phoenix for my sister in law's college graduation. He really loved the water!
Rory and I played in the pool too. Even though I don't like water.
Documenting Bash on graduation day. He wasn't too impressed.
We got a pool for Blake's grandparents' house. It must have seemed like an eternity to Rory before it was full!
My family is green.
So smooshy and cute!
Great Grandpa Bowen and Bash
She'll be two in less than a month! Aaaah!
Rory is surprisingly intentional in her piano playing.
And not surprisingly goofy
Sugar and spice and everything nice...
Except when she's not.
Guess what word came endlessly from her mouth? I'll give you a hint: it's two letters and starts with N-O!
It's so sweet how the kids love their great grandparents
A favored sleeping position (I just adore those pudgy legs!)
We fed him his first solids (bananas). He thought we were crazy.
I have no idea what was going on in her brain. But I love it!
Sillies :)
Lazy Saturday
We went to the kite festival. Bash likes the grass, unlike his sister...
Mother's Day at church with my mother in law and the kiddos. We had an awesome, relaxing day!
Sunbathing at the pool
Posing for his GCC alumni magazine baby shot
First time in a swing!
I can's get enough of him! Well, except in the middle of the night...
Classic Bash
Aurora girl and her mama

2 comments:

  1. Hannah hates grass too! She's so weird. She is not a Seattle baby that's for sure !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ponytail! You need to invite Kale'a over to play in the pool - she's such a fish!

    ReplyDelete