Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

I just love occasions to celebrate, and a day that only comes around once every four years sure is cause for  some sort of festive acknowledgment! I have to admit, though, that I'm kind of stumped; how does one recognize leap day? I could go the whole frog route, but my kids aren't old enough to appreciate and it's kind of childish for just adults... I'm intrigued by the number four- maybe a four course dinner? A pizza with four toppings? Four fun appetizers for dinner?

At any rate, I think we'll watch one of my favorite girly movies that Blake actually likes too, Leap Year, starring Amy Adams and some Irish guy. It's a really sweet movie and is pretty clean (a rare thing in a modern chick flick!). Look for it at redbox if you need a treat tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I love that movie! If I wasn't going to book club, I might watch it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that it's kind of a celebration of an "extra" day, so I was trying to think of things that could be an extra in our day- I think an extra nap would not go over well with the kids, but maybe an extra snack or an extra 10 minutes to stay up? I don't know. Kind of lame and I haven't really done anything. Next leap year, my youngest will be 6! That seems like an eternity away! Pity I'm not more creative or energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Youth Group last night, we had Leap Day Olympics complete with elected presidents for each team/country and four events (with a freestyle leaping tiebreaker set to "In Christ Alone" at the end). All things that come every four years, if you didn't catch that :)

    ReplyDelete