Monday, March 5, 2012

Plan B

I woke up today filled with resolve; after a week of flu/birthday chaos, my house needed serious attention, and my kids needed to home day to detox from the weekend. Plus, the gorgeous weather begged to be enjoyed! I was feeling miraculously energized and anticipated a day of great accomplishment, to be followed by an evening of lazying about with my handsome and hardworking hubbycakes. That was how my day was supposed to go.
Unfortunately, those plans were made before I discovered the green goop flowing freely from my daughter's cute little nose. "Mama," she croaked when I went in to get her up, "down?" A pudgy hand swiped at her face, coating her cheeks with slime. My spirit sank to the floor; instead of gleefully crossing off items on the to-do list, I'd be adding more: cuddling a sick child, extra story time, trying to keep Rory from contaminating her baby brother, not confusing boogey cloths and burp cloths...

Time to tuck away the super-mom cape I put on this morning and pull out the survival-mom one instead. I wish I looked better in boogey green...

No comments:

Post a Comment