Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Walking!

Our little Rorykins is FINALLY an exclusive walker! She stood on her own and took her first solo steps on New Year's Eve, and about a week ago she left crawling behind for good! To celebrate, we had a walking party on Sunday. Some of her little buddies (and some of ours too!) came over to play, and we had walking related snacks ("foot" long subs, pretzel "walking" sticks, "walky" road brownies, cake "walk" cupcakes, etc.) and enjoyed each other. Much walking was done by all, except for 4-month Trinity and 3-month Sebastian, of course.

In food news, I've made three delicious soups the past week: cauliflower, two-bean (I finally got a ham bone, after being denied all holiday season!), and chicken barley. I also made 100 percent whole wheat bread yesterday, which turned out great.

Some mom friends came over yesterday afternoon, which is a welcomed way to spend a long afternoon before spousy wousy gets home from work. I don't know what I would do without friends who have either been there or are in the trenches with me! Bud-o is 12 weeks old now and is no longer a newborn! He's playful and sweet and serious, and I could just squeeze him all day!

Last night Blake and I braved the cold to visit a local thrift store with my father in law- half off everything due to the holiday! Although it is NOT one of my favorites in town (it's super pricy for secondhand!), we got some great deals for the kiddos, and I found a good rain jacket to take to Alaska next month! That's right, we're heading to Juneau to visit my brother and his lovely wife! We're super excited, although filled with trepidation since traveling with the babies can be a tiny bit horrific.

Giddy in her pretty church dress
Kale'a was very concerned about the puppy.
Kale's and Hannah and Rorykins playing on the swing set, with the dads presumably attentively near by
Displeased about something...
Kale'a is an adventurer...
Bring on the sugar crash...
Moms and daughters (and possibly a couple sons??)
They all got the pink memo
Crash time
Kale'a came back to play the next day!
Yep, that's my daughter walking!
Cuties

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know where you come up with these party ideas and hilarious names!

    ReplyDelete