Tuesday, January 10, 2012

An Unusual Normalcy

I just love these stretches of homeness, the comfort of knowing that we'll be in town for a little while, and that it's safe to throw ourselves back into our semblance of a routine. What does that look like? Blake working, the babies and me manning the fort, eating home cooked meals, playtime, walks, hot drinks, encouraging Rory to walk...
Speaking (writing?) of Aurora, an unfortunate development in her life is her frequent and vigorous use of a new word, "no." Whereas I used to learn she was awake from a nap by hearing sweet murmuring from her crib, I now am serenaded with a cross-sounding, "Noooooo! Noooooo!" That's how I feel when I wake up too, Baby girl. She makes up for it in other ways, however, especially her (finally!) walking, which she is growing more bold with everyday. Also, she counts to three, in a particularly cute manner: "deeuu, Doooooo, DAAAAAAAA!!!" Other new words are "down" (which means both down and up), and "hiyou," which we are assuming means "hi, you."

As far as Bash goes... at eleven weeks old, he's giving us a consistent 7-8 hour stretch at night, which is the cause of much rejoicing. In fact, in sixteen years, were Sebastian to mention his great sleeping skills, it's likely we'd be inclined to give him money and the car keys, out of overwhelming gratitude. He's our stoic and serious little watcher, but his smiles and snuggles are so sweet.

The family after Bash's dedication
I think she's checking out some new teeth. But she could just be being weird.
Humoring me. But doesn't she look lovely in navy?
Sebastian was extremely annoyed that his friend wore the same outfit to church.
Bud-o's first time in the stroller. Clearly we document all the important moments.
My sweet girl reading to her little brother.
Having fun at the gymnastics open baby gym!
Bash wasn't too excited. I guess he won't be winning me a gold medal in gymnastics.
I think he looks very presidential here
Bash and Grandpa in their moose shirts
Believe me, you can't help but smile back.
"Where are those muffins you promised me?!"
 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the presidential one! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb was saying last night that we need to take you out to Cafe Ole sometime. Let us know when would be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit, you look GORGEOUS in that 3rd picture!

    ReplyDelete