Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolve

I'm a pretty big fan of resolutions, whether New Year's or othertimers. I make it a point to come up with a few obtainable goals each year. I got around to almost everything on my list last year, with the exception of making a baked Alaska; maybe at the next special occasion (perhaps when Rory starts walking?) I'll prepare one!

Here's my list for this year (I mainly blog about it so I can't claim that I forgot anything come my midyear evaluation!):
- Hang art and photographs around the house- I like the idea of having more pictures on display, but never get around to doing it.
- Run a 5k with Blake- we both HATE running, but need more exercise. We like to spend our free time together, so it makes sense for us to have a fitness goal together. We'll be signing up for a race soon so we'll have a definite target to reach!
- Get rid of 1 thing a day for the whole year- throw away/give away/save for a spring garage sale: a simple way to declutter! So far I've thrown away an old anti-bac soap pen thing and 3 random jingle bells. And my life is that much better.
- Read some classics that my high school deemed not important: The Count of Monte Cristo, Les Miserables, and Anna Karenina. Also read Desiring God and Pilgrim's Progress.
- Read the Anne of Green Gables books with Blake

Of course, there's much more I'd like to accomplish, but I think this is a decent list considering my two small children! I'll post updates periodically. Are you resolving to do anything this year?

1 comment:

  1. I recommend reading an ABRIDGED version of Les Mis. It is one of the only books I'd recommend doing that for. The author tended to go on long tangents about the layout of the Paris sewer system and minute details about the Napoleonic wars. So unless either of those things really interest you for chapters on end, read the abridged. :-)

    ReplyDelete