Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tomato, Tomato

We have little green tomatoes!!! Be still, my heart! It seems our fledgling garden may produce something after all! When I water our tomato plants, it makes the most heavenly smell- so fresh and summery! Hooray!

In other news, Rory has her first official word (other than dada and mama): thank you! Well, it's more like, dank-doo, and she won't always say it on command, but if you hand her something she wants and say, "say thank you!" She obediently utters, "dank-doo!"

For dinner last night I determined we needed pancakes, probably because it was such a lovely gray, monsoony day. I make my pancakes from scratch using a super easy recipe. This time though, I had a very ripe mango that needed using up. So, I added the mashed fruit to the batter, along with a tiny bit of coconut extract and some cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, and sprinkled the exposed side of the cakes with toasted coconut as they were cooking. They turned out really well! I love the versatility of pancakes, and I love breakfast for dinner!

1 comment: