Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cowboy

It's been a little while since my last post; life has just been so full lately! It's not like we've been up to anything overly exciting, just living. Autumn is definitely here, although summer is still lingering. I find it tricky to menu plan this time of year, since I never really know if it will be an airy lemony chicken day or a cozy soup and bread day.

While I enjoy summer, I'm wishing fall along right now, since fall means the arrival of our new family member! It's so neat to think that he's been specially chosen and designed to be with us; it makes me a little less nervous that he'll be unpleasant or he won't like me. We've been calling him "Cowboy" lately, and Blake's commented dreamily a couple of times that maybe he'll come out with a beard (obviously not okay in my book). There's still much to do before he comes, and the days are pretty full with cub scouts, MOPS, book club, Bible study, Blake's work and homework, and general festiveness.

We love everything we're involved with, but my very favorite evenings are the ones when we just stay home and be a family.

Aurora had her 15 month checkup the other day. She's finally reached 20 pounds! For the first time, her doctor was not concerned about her size or the fact that she's still not walking. I figure by the time she's 18 months she'll get around to it; we're not in a huge hurry for that to happen! Our Rory is not a risk taker; she'll walk when she knows she'll be proficient at it, just like she waited to crawl and stand until she knew she could do it with minimal bruises. As a mom, I'm grateful for that! She's a huggy, affectionate, joyful, goofy little creature. She loves belly buttons and laughing, puts her hand over her face when she's exasperated and buries her face in my shoulder when overcome with delight, and still is suspicious of vegetables. While she does test us on some matters, so far Rory is not terribly stubborn or defiant or rebellious; she's correctable and easy going. I don't know if there's anything more precious than the way her sleepy little face lights up when Blake or I go pull her out of her crib when she wakes up!

My children!
Polka dots and playtime
So excited to go for a hike!
Strawberry baby and handsome husband
Looking so grownup in her sparkle leggings!

1 comment:

  1. I put Kale'a on the scale and she's over 18lb already! Chubs! Anita Porter was saying Maya didn't walk until she was about a year and half. And Rory is just so cute it doesn't matter! ;)

    ReplyDelete