Thursday, December 2, 2010

Headstart

I've been musing about some new year resolutions lately. Actually, they're not just for the new year (they're for whenever I get around to them), and they're more just basic goals than resolutions. But, I do have them written down in a list, and since I keep losing my list, I figured I'd write them here where they can't get lost!

Item #1: learn how to can and dehydrate food. Okay, so we currently don't really grow anything (gardening is tough in Flagstaff!), but I can order bulk produce through my co-op at a fabulous price. My parents are helping me with this one, as they're getting us a pressure canner for Christmas and they left us two cases of mason jars under the tree!
Item #2: Make lasagna from scratch. Except for the noodles.
Item #3: Be a consistent menu planner (especially with lunch, the meal I most struggle with) and intentional bargain but healthy grocery shopper.
Item #4: Sew the shirt that I've had the pattern and material for for years. Oh yeah, and learn to sew.
Item #5: Order pictures for all of our empty frames and update Aurora's baby book.

I think that's a decent start! We had a nice Thanksgiving with family in Palm Springs. A highlight was a trip to the zoo, including Rory's first carousel ride, and Blake and I amused ourselves by puttzing around on the golf cart since the weather was beautiful.

At the zoo
In other news, my mom (who spent a few days after the holiday with us) and I were inspired to browse a couple local thrift stores on a whim, and two great finds included: a fabulous artificial 7.5' tree with lights for $13, and a vintage lined wool jacket for Blake (he's wanted one for months). Now the house is all decorated and I'm officially counting down the days until Christmas is here!
So many wonders in the world!

 
Rory loves WORLD magazine. Eating it, that is.
A Christmas Story!

Car seat cover made by Nana
 
Purple poof and PJs

1 comment: