Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Home Stretch

It feels good to be planning on staying home for the next couple of months! I have lots to do around the house before Once comes, though these hot, muggy days are sapping my motivation. But I have been up to a few things:
- We harvested our first garden produce! Two pretty little tomatoes, with more to come soon. I'm so proud!
- Blake's semester started this week; it should be much easier than his summer courses, which is a relief. Rory unceremoniously broke my favorite sunglasses this week, and Blake recognized that I was mildly distraught. So, he took me on a surprise errand yesterday, which ended up being sunglasses shopping at Kohls. He even helped my indecisive self choose a pair; what can I say- he's a keeper!
- My least favorite part about coming home after a trip is the horrific idea that every room of the house if filled with evil hidden spiders that have been waiting for us to get home so they can come out and scare me.
- I made the mistake of checking out pinterest.com for the first time yesterday, then spent close to an hour completely entranced by its amazingness. Then I felt very inadequate in about every area of life since I am not crafty and do not provide adorable age-appropriate developmental activities for my daughter. And all the pictures of delicious looking food made me hungry.
- Teeny tiny ants like to congregate under Rory's highchair. They are disgusting, and I can't make them go away.
- I really want to go to the Faroe Islands.

Pretty exciting stuff, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Crafts, schmafts. There are more important things to life. You're amazing, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are busy doing great things! For ants, I like using baking soda. It works as a barrier that they don't cross.

    ReplyDelete