Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More from the Reluctant Crafter

Being, as I have said before, exceedingly uncrafty, I feel compelled to share a couple recent projects:

 This hairbow holder was basically constructed by my mom, but I found the idea and gave lots of input! Isn't it great? I LOVE hairbows, and this is such a nifty way to organize them. We got the frame at a thrift store and used paint we already had (yes, a wall of my house is painted lime green Japanese Fern). We put little hooks along the bottom to hold the bands (most bow storage doesn't allow for bands). Strips of ribbon are hot glued across the frame to hold the clips!

I made this for my daughter with the hope of winning back her affection after bringing home her baby bro. It's just a colorful tissue box that I stuffed full of pretty scrap fabric squares that I cut out with pinking shears. We don't let her pull out baby wipes, but this is almost as fun! She sits there and pulls out each "tissue" and emphatically wipes her (non drippy) nose with it; apparently she learned something from the cold she had a few weeks ago. Gotta love free presents!

5 comments:

  1. I love that tissue box idea! I want to Pinterest it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eons ago I made a similar hair clip holder, which I still use. Instead of hooks, I hot glued wooden spools (like for thread). I hang necklaces and hair rubber bands on them. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also might steal the tissue box idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just pinned it...but don't worry, I saved it as a picture to my desktop so it won't link to your blog or anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. !! I need to do this tissue box idea, hannah would love it. Rory has soooooo many bows!! >< Hannah needs more!!

    ReplyDelete