Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Funny Valentine...

I love Valentine's Day. I love any excuse to celebrate my hubbycakes and our mutual commitment and affection. Generally we go all out, meaning the day will include some sort of special meal (probably take out BBQ from Satchmos this year) and of course, gifts! I'm super excited to give him his awesome present, but I can't say what it is here since he periodically checks this blog. So, here are a couple ideas for really cool Valentine's gifts for those of you who are (wealthy) procrastinators:

Personalized Tree Stump Cookies
I saw these on Etsy, and since I've always loved the initials-carved-into-a-tree-trunk romanticalness, I think they're just super!
And from the same seller, mustache cookies! Even men who do not themselves sport facial hair seem to have an innate fascination with it, so these mustache cookies would cry "I understand and appreciate your manly heart!" to your guy:
And since I'm on a browsing Etsy kick this morning, what guy wouldn't love these:
A gift that nods at a passion for sailing and books? I think yes!

And, just in case he surprises you with a fancy dinner out, you can present him with one of these nautical-inspired ties:

I think travel mugs are generally pretty girly, so how about sending him out the door with his morning coffee in one of these masculine receptacles ? They're hand carved out of ash and maple, and the seller offers other varieties!
Perhaps you've found some inspiration here today! Or maybe you've had Valentine's Day taken care of for weeks. How are you going to celebrate (or not) this year?

1 comment:

  1. Cooper has a surprise for Saturday night. I was thinking of writing him a poem. And I can say that, because I don't think he would ever check this blog. :-) Valentine's Day is fun, but not a huge deal for me. But I'm glad you and Blake are ready to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete