Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's a beautiful day, so....

I truly love the rain. I do, I do. I suppose I am a true Seattleite, because these days of gloom fill me with such joy and contentment that I walk around singing Les Miserables, usually with a hot beverage in hand.

Last weekend was the Women of Faith conference in Phoenix, which I enjoyed more than I was anticipating (most of my reticence was due to Rory- I wasn't sure how she'd do there, but she was a star!). She actually literally was a star- she made it on the jumbotron twice, and was even referenced from stage by one of the speakers! We couldn't go anywhere without her being adored by countless women. Rory's developing just the best little personality ever; she's so laid back and happy, and she's discovered her tongue recently, which is hilarious! A couple of the speakers touched on things I really needed to hear, which I'm still processing.

It's fall. Which means baking season has begun! This is the new favorite in the Thompson-Bowen household. You should make them, because they're awesome; snickerdoodles that don't get crunchy!

Snickerdoodle Blondies
this version of the recipe was found at Dozen Flours- I got it from My Own Sweet Thyme

2 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
5. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.
7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife...
8. Share with friends and family. Enjoy! 

What a happy girl!
Unsure about her first car
Cowboy booties!
Family

Waiting for the light rail.
My snuggler
Zonked out at WOF.
After pooping through all her spare outfits, Aurora left WOF clad in diaper, cowboy booties, and hair bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment