Thursday, July 1, 2010

Babycakes and Pondering Thursday


Some happy thoughts for today:
  • COLOGNE (Polo Blue in particular)
  • Barbecues (one of my favorite things about America)
  • Plane tickets purchased for Labor Day weekend in Seattle
  • $1.99 Ben and Jerry's ice cream
  • Wonderful grandparents (both mine and Aurora's)
  • Hymns like The Love of God and Come Thou Fount
  • South American World Cup dominance...will it continue?
  • Celebrating our independence this weekend (see second bullet).
  • Reading: (Family Driven Faith by Voddie Bauchman, The Baby Book by Dr. Sears, Last of the Breed by Louis L'Amour, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney
  • Plastic party cups that come in fun summery colors (sky blue, grass green, bright pink, and yellow!) instead of boring blue and red
  • Two fresh pineapples on my counter waiting to be cut up
  • A week from Sunday marks two years of awesomeness with my incredible husband...hoping to leave the wee one with the grandparents for the evening, assuming she'll take a bottle by then!
Today's frustrations:
  • I'm clumsy. I hate being clumsy. Especially when I drop something, pick it up, and drop it again.
  • The monsoons have yet to hit our house.
  • Rory appears to be in between diaper sizes...is that possible? Her newborn ones are too tight, but she leaks out of the size ones. She's still too small for her cloth ones too, so I'm in a bit of a conundrum...
  • Our water heater is broken.
The good far outweighs the bad, so I'm going to ignore my clumsiness, lack of cool rain and hot showers, and babycakes' awkward-sized hiney and write everything I've done today on my to-do list so I can cross it off! Happy Thursday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I TOTALLY write things I've done on my to do list so I can look like I actually accomplished something in a day. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy Blake's parents. I want to give her a bottle! Maybe when you come up? Please? I love everything about her, even her award winning hiney! I write my todo list after I've done everything. It makes me feel good because everything is done!

    ReplyDelete