Thursday, January 10, 2013

Old and New

We got home from a visit to Seattle late Tuesday night. We had a wonderful trip, but it was good to get back to "normal", whatever that means! We didn't do a whole lot of visiting or sightseeing; we focused on hanging out with family, which was great. All of us were together, including my brother and sister in law from Alaska, and my sister and brother in law and nieces who live in the area. My niece, Gloria, was born Christmas day and was discharged from the NICU after just nine days! We got to visit her there and also celebrate her homecoming, which was awesome! Other trip highlights included a whirlwind trip with Joe and Andrea to far northeastern WA to see our grandparents (it's so hard to see them getting so old) who are not in very good health, Blake went snowshoeing with my dad, my mom took my sister in I to see Les Mis, which was outstanding, and Blake and I had a date-day to the Museum of Flight and a local seafood establishment. We also visited a good friend who dates back to That Summer when Blake and I met (I was hired to fill in while she was on maternity leave!) and my dear friend and mentor who recently relocated to a lovely West Seattle home. Rory was astounded at the rain and Bash progressed in his walking abilities. Both kiddos went on special ice cream outings with their Grampa and enjoyed special treats and attention from Gramma!
Modeling his new hat!
Sillies
Gloria in the NICU
Me and Grammie
Our travel companions
Pickin' da toes is a new favorite pastime. Weirdo!
Taking Glo home!
Rory was so excited to hold her!
Rory wore her new tutu to a wedding!
At the Museum of Flight, in front of a BA plane (we met while working for British Airways in Seattle!)
Blake was so excited about the space shuttle trainer- it's the actual one that was used for astronauts!
The Blackbird is my favorite plane!
Grandma Ducky knows what babies love!
Sweet Gloria got some clothes that fit! Here she is at 2 weeks old!

No comments:

Post a Comment