Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Grumblings

As much as I love fall, certain things about this season make me grumpy. Like elections. And not knowing what to wear. And spiders.

I try not to make this blog overly political, so the occcasional rant has got to be excused.
A lot was made about Obama's abysmal debate performance. Republicans for wiggling with delight and crowing about how the President looked like a soon-to-be-loser. I advise caution. I have a hard time believing that Obama was not adequately prepared for the debate. It's difficult for me to suppose that the normally confidant speaker fumbled his words and avoided eye contact. I think it was a calculated move on behalf of the Obama Camp. It will be interesting to see what develops over the next month. Oh, Ron Paul. I miss you.

Regarding what to wear...it's too cold for summer clothes and too warm for winter. It makes me miss Washington, where the only seasons are wet and chilly, wet and cold, and pleasantly warm.

I killed SIX spiders in three hours last week. It was horrific. I still shudder when I think about it. The joys of living up against a mountain when it freezes at night...


Rory and Bash are such sweet friends; it really is heartwarming to watch them play together and enjoy each other so much. Bash is walking along furniture; he's so different than Rory was- if we told her, "That's dangerous and could hurt you!", she'd give it as much distance as possible. If we tell Sebastian the same thing, he's diving at it trying to investigate further! Looks like we need a gate for the wood stove this year! But he's so cute and proud of himself!

1 comment: