Thursday, September 9, 2010

an alphabetical summary of our trip to seattle

A: airport adjustments- different check-in procedures and security line, dirty looks from passengers at our gate...
B: backpacking- Blake went on his first backpacking trip with my brother-in-law and dad.

C: clam chowder- gotta love pacific northwest seafood!
D: ducky- rory met grandma ducky, my longtime mentor and friend
E: enormous spiders- it's wolf spider season in washington, and we encountered a few saucer-sized ones (the biggest when the boys weren't home to kill it).
F: four generations- took pictures of rory, me, mom, and grammie.
G: grammie & grampie- they came from eastern wa to meet their first great granddaughter
H: home- we spent the trip in the house I grew up in, I walked to my elementary school for probably the thousandths time, and saw lifelong friends...I know how to be comfortable there.
I: intense guy movie night- linds and I let matt and blake pick the movie, and I spent half the evening with my face buried in blake's shoulder.
J: jetson- my bloodhound-lab adorable dog-nephew
K: krispie treats- 3 different varieties, made for a big bbq: strawberry white chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, and gummy bear. oh yeah, and original
L: louis l'amour- instead of reading for class, I enjoyed the first sackett novel.
M: macaroni and cheese- fried, from the cheesecake factory, with a good friend
N: new heights- rory visited the church I grew up in for the first time. 
O: overjoyed- mom and rory upon seeing each other
P: party- we had 40 some people over to see us and meet rory; it was an awesome time!
Q: quicker plane rides- taking care of a baby made the flight fly by (pun intended)
R: rain- 2 days of sun and 3 of glorious seattle rain!
S: snow- the boys got snowed on their last morning in the mountains
T: trout from trap lake- blake caught 5!
U: uncle matt & auntie lindsay- we got to hang out with my sister and her husband quite a bit!
V: verde- spanish for green, which is a prominent color in the emerald city.
W:warehouse shopping- costco: samples and matching shirts with lindsay
X: xanthan gum- found in many beauty products, and I spent an evening doing my toenails and taking a bubble bath.
Y: yards- people have grass in washington. I like it.
Z: zonked out- Vacation made aurora sleepy, and she napped so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment